Sunday, November 17, 2013

NaNoWriMo: Week the Second...ish

So, this post comes a bit late, but honestly! I've been very hard at work! Okay, so I've been mildly working at a slightly-more-than-normal velocity...But it's been difficult.

My word count is not quite up to speed, but nothing to be concerned about. (I have 37k when I should have a little more than 39.) The story is going smashingly, and I somehow still love it. Ordinarily by this time in NaNoWriMo, I absolutely hate my Project. By this time next week, ask me again, and I'll have a different answer. But I'm enjoying my enjoyment while it lasts.

What I have not been enjoying is the fact that the 'M' key on the computer I use to write has decided to be a real pain. It only works when you hit it at a certain angle, and that of course is the opposite angle than the one I normally hit it at. *sigh* (And that's aside from my old computer's power problems, and the fact that it clicks and pops and whirs the whole time it's on.)

For those of you who are a bit curious about this story, feel free to visit my NaNoWriMo page here, or check out all the cool pictures and quotes for inspiration that I have here.

I dearly hope NaNo is going well for the rest of you out there, as I know that this is the part of the month that is so often the most difficult to get through. The elation and the emotional writer's high has faded and we're left only with the grueling task of writing, writing, writing. My advice, lots of caffeine and sugar. Don't worry, you're clever; you can come up with smart answers to your dentist's alarmed questions in December—blame it on something you had for Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment