Friday, November 1, 2013

NaNoWriMo 2013~ Day the First

Well, lookee here! It's November the 1st! First day of NaNoWriMo and I have gotten little done as of yet. (My word count is currently under a thousand and needs to be over two thousand. *rolls eyes*)

Really, I'm not too apprehensive. Not yet at least. It should soak in nicely by mid-afternoon tomorrow. 70k? No sweat, right? Right.


Even after all my planning, I still had no story outline until just Wednesday. I spent most of the day writing it up and was pleasantly surprised by how little I had to fill in once I plotted out the order of events on paper.


On a slightly less enthusiastic note, I still don't know how the story is supposed to end. Also, there is every chance in the world that the outline I have so painstakingly labored over will be of no use to me within the first five days of the marathon. My stories tend to be like that.


Good luck to you all, fellow writers in this endeavor.  I hope that whatever fabulous midnight kick-start parties you have planned go fabulously. And for those of you who do not plan to start writing on the stroke of midnight, here's hoping you get all the sleep you'll need for the next month because this might be your last chance to get it.


Happy November 1st everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment