Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Liebster Award


What is the Liebster Award?  The Liebster Award, as best as I can figure, is a judge-less award/ chain-letter. Blogs can be nominated for the award when they have under either 200 or 3,000 followers/readers or somewhere in the bizarre between.

To accept the award, one creates a blog post which links back to the blogger who nominated you. Answer the list of ten questions they ask. And nominate anywhere from 3 to 10 others, ask them ten questions, and let them know they've been nominated.


Here are the questions Ophelia asked me to answer when she nominated me for the Liebster Award. (Thank you, Ophelia!)


1) What is your favorite thing you've ever written?
I'll have to go with the ballad "Stranger on the Wind". It's still rough in patches, but I love it.

2) What blog post on your blog has the most views?
That would be my NaNoWriMo Week Two post with a whopping 135 page views.  ;)

3) If you could meet any currently living author, who would it be?
*thinks* Well. My first pick would be Andrew Peterson, but since I've 'technically' met him already—at a concert—I'll go with someone else: Gerald Morris, not to be confused with Gilbert Morris. I love the Squire's Tale series and it'd be so amazing to talk to him about Arthurian legends and writing stories.

4) What is approx. the most words you've written in a day?
I record that during NaNoWriMo and have no clue the rest of the time. On November 27th of last year, writing The Last Storming, I clocked in 6,210 words.

5) What is the last book you read?
How to Catch a Bogle, by Catherine Jinks. I enjoyed reading this children's book-the idea was original and interesting, the writing was clever, and I finished it quite happily. However, for a kid's book, it had rather one too many foul words, so I probably wouldn't recommend it. :P

6) If you could demand a rewritten ending to any book, which one would it be?
Green, by Ted Dekker comes to mind. Or perhaps Alcatraz Versus the Shattered Lens, the last as of yet in this series. And that's exactly why. I don't believe Mr. Sanderson has any inclination to tell us the ending of the story.

7) Do you have any books/blogs on writing that you'd recommend?
Yes, definitely. My favorite books on writing so far are Wordsmithy, by Douglas Wilson; No Plot? No Problem!; by Chris Baty; and James Scott Bell's Conflict and Suspense. 
As for blogs, I recommend that of Anne Elisabeth Stengl. Currently one of my favorite authors of Christian Fantasy and a prolific blogger, her Friday Tidbits are especially wonderful.

8) What book to movie adaptation do you find the most annoying? ;)
Prince Caspian. (Yeah, you never saw that one coming did you?) It's too dark—remember that whole extra battle where everyone died? Also, Caspian was one of a very few characters Lewis ever described, a description the filmmakers utterly ignored. Then there's Susan falling in love with Caspian and—in my mind, the worst of these deviations—Peter's greed over Caspian's throne, which was opposite of the book.

9) What genre are you least likely to read?
Paranormal Romance. (Anything paranormal or romance, actually.)

10) If you could write a book based off of one song, what song would it be? ... And if you'd like to answer, Why?
Legend of McBride, by Mark Schultz. Hands down. The song is already an epic story and one I have tried and failed to recreate multiple times. It's just too perfect in the song to do anything with to make it better, but I would so love to write it as a novel. This is one of those very few songs that I can listen to and then instantly restart at least five times. I never tire of hearing it.


Now, I get to nominate other bloggers—the rules for the Liebster Award are rather jumbled, and the specific numbers are different in every place I look. I nominate:




So, my dear nominees. Here are my questions:

1)      Who is the earliest Main Character of a story that you can remember writing?
2)      If you had the perfect place for reading/writing, what and where would it be?
3)      (spring-boarding from one of Ophelia's questions because, as she said, it's just so good:) Name one song that is a perfect theme for one of your stories, or for a story you wish you could write.
4)      Who is the one person you believe to have inspired your writing the most?
5)      Name one specific location (a museum, shop, house, mountain peak, etc.) that you'd love to visit.
6)      What is your favorite book you've read this year?
7)      You're at a costume party with friends. What is your costume?
8)      Name five actors you would cast as five of your characters.
9)      Who is your favorite character in The Lord of the Rings Trilogy?
10)   Lastly, I'm going to use one of Ophelia's again: If you could meet any currently living author, who would it be?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kay! Thanks for the nomination! I don't post these on my blog (I've done too many!) but I'll answer your questions here. :D
    1. Oh wow, going a-ways back, lemme think... Anne, a girl with a fiery temper out of a small novella I wrote as my first "book".
    2. Too many options! O.O A very cushioned wide window seat in a small bookshelved room with rain hitting the windows.
    3. Hrmm... "Many Roads" by Andrew Peterson could be stretched to fit one of my stories, but I'd also love to write one for it as well.
    4. Probably John Flanagan, because he was an Australian author whom I got to meet (and realized he was flesh and blood). He shared a lot of his writing history with me along with tips and advice, and I all but wrote fanfiction based on his Ranger's Apprentice books.
    5. Craig's Hut, in the Snowy River mountains.
    6. Grace for the Good Girl by Emily P. Freeman (non) and Song of the Slums by Richard Harland (fiction)
    7. A steampunk adventuress.
    8. Logan Bartholomew, Anna Popplewell, Andy Serkis, Hugo Weaving, Helen Mirren.
    9. Hehe. Haven't seen/read it. ;)
    10. Currently, Richard Harland. Non-fiction, Craig Groeschel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your idea of a reading/writing nook, Bush-it sounds lovely.
    I love "The Many Roads" but I can't listen to it without laughing because when I saw AP in concert, he forgot the words! (It is now even more of a favorite, I smile as soon as I hear the first note.)
    You've met Flanagan? Very cool and yes, I might have written RA fanfiction at one point too... XD
    And you've not read LOTR? *shakes head*

    Thanks for taking the time to answer these questions! :)

    ReplyDelete